Start CarHome Ultra when a bluetooth device connects
If you don’t have a car dock that will automatically start CarHome, you can also have CarHome Ultra start automatically when your phone connects to a bluetooth device like a car handsfree device.
From within CarHome Ultra press menu -> settings -> bluetooth settings -> select the BT device in the list called “Start CarHome on connect with:”
So, if you picked something like a BT handsfree device. The flow would be something like this:
1) You get in the car
2) (Optionally turn on BT if it is not already on)
3) The handsfree BT device in your car will automatically connect
4) A service sees that the chosen device has connected
5) The service starts car mode manually (simulates a hardware dock)
6) CarHome Ultra launches as if it were placed in a compatible dock (CarHome Ultra is now the home screen)
7) You use your phone in the dock
8) You turn off the BT device
9) A service detects the chosen device is disconnected
10) The service takes the phone out of Car Mode and exits Car Home Ultra
If you have trouble with CarHome not exiting properly when the bluetooth device disconnects, try increasing the Bluetooth Timeout value in the CarHome Ultra Bluetooth Settings menu.