Starting with Android 4.2, a bug was introduced in the android OS that prevents a car dock app from overriding the home button while the phone is in car dock mode. This is a defect in the Android operating system and can only be properly resolved by Google.
However, we have developed a patch that fixes this issue.
The one drawback to this patch is that pressing the home button will no longer center the normal home screen on your device. I don’t anticipate having a fix for this. It is simply a drawback to having a patch instead of a permanent fix from Google.
1) Install Car Mode Patch from the Play Market: Car Mode Patch
2) Press the Home Button
3) Select the Car Mode Patch Home option
4) Tap Always
If you do not like the behavior of your phone with the patch installed, just uninstall the Car Mode Patch app.
In an effort to help users reduce battery usage while having their phone docked, I would like to introduce a new beta app called Sleep Mode.
This app allows you to put the phone into a pseudo-sleep mode by tapping on the Sleep Mode icon. You can exit sleep mode by tapping anywhere on the screen or pressing any hardware button.
While in sleep mode, the screen brightness is reduced to a minimal level and since it is running the foreground, (but not actually doing anything) it will pause all activities in apps like CarHome Ultra.
Start sleep mode by tapping the Sleep Mode icon
Reduces the screen brightness to a minimal level
Turns off back-lit keys
Pauses all activity in CarHome Ultra and other apps that do not have background services
Exit Sleep Mode by tapping anywhere on the screen or pressing any hardware button
CarHome Ultra is a car home/dock app that makes your phone much easier and safer to use while in the car. It allows the user to customize up to 18 shortcuts to launch apps, direct dial numbers, or even navigate to a specific location.
– Speedometer (Speaks when pressed)
– Current Weather Conditions (Speaks when pressed)
– Current Location (Speaks when pressed)
– 18 Shortcuts
– Custom screen modes for day and night modes
– Automatically changes to day or night mode at sunset/sunrise (optional)
– Location alerts
– Starts CarHome when bluetooth connection is detected
– Auto Bluetooth on with Car Mode (optional)
– Auto Bluetooth off when exiting Car Mode (optional)
– Auto Wifi on/off with Car Mode (optional)
– Displays speed in KPH or MPH
– Displays temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
About TheSpinningHead, llc.
TheSpinningHead, llc is dedicated to writing innovative high quality apps for the android platform.