When in multi-timer mode you can give speak commands to create, create & start, or delete a timing.
Add Timing: Say something like “add chicken for 15 minutes”. This will create a new timing set to 15 minutes with the lable “chicken”. The timing will not be started until you tap the start button.
Start Timing: Say something like “start chicken for 15 minutes”. This will create a new timing set to 15 minutes with the label “chicken”, the timing will be started immediately.
Delete Timing: Say something like “delete chicken”. This will stop and remove any timing labelled “chicken”.
This is a major upgrade for Ultrachron which updates the app to Android Marshmallow standards.
New UI – the app has been updated to a more modern look and feel.
Multiple Fonts – there are now several font choices including the LCD font that was in the original version of Ultrachron.
New Color Schemes – new color schemes using the Android Material design palette.
New Timing Share options – you can now share your stopwatch timing using multiple apps.
Multi Timer Support – multiple timers are now supported with custom voice commands to start timers.
Google Now Support – you can start an Ultrachron timer using the “Ok Google, start timer for 5 minutes” command.
Starting with Android 4.2, a bug was introduced in the android OS that prevents a car dock app from overriding the home button while the phone is in car dock mode. This is a defect in the Android operating system and can only be properly resolved by Google.
However, we have developed a patch that fixes this issue.
It is available here: Car Mode Patch
The one drawback to this patch is that pressing the home button will no longer center the normal home screen on your device. I don’t anticipate having a fix for this. It is simply a drawback to having a patch instead of a permanent fix from Google.
1) Install Car Mode Patch from the Play Market: Car Mode Patch
2) Press the Home Button
3) Select the Car Mode Patch Home option
4) Tap Always
If you do not like the behavior of your phone with the patch installed, just uninstall the Car Mode Patch app.
This release adds several great features:
1) VoiceSet – This allows you to set the timer by speaking. Just press the microphone button and say the amount of time you would like the timer to run. Example: “5 minutes”, “2 hours 30 minutes”, “30 seconds”, etc…
2) Auto Start with Voice Set – This feature (disabled by default) must be enabled in the ‘More’ options menu. After that the timer will automatically start after you use VoiceSet. This is the easiest way to set a timer that I have ever seen and I use it all of the time!
3) Dismiss Alarm Button – A new button will appear when the alarm is ringing. It allows you to silence the alarm without stopping the timer.
4) Set Alarm Length – This new menu option allows you to set the length that an alarm will sound. It will even restart short ringtones to play for the amount of time selected.
I hope you like the new features!
Ultrachron 1.7.1 adds hardware button controls for the stopwatch and a final lap/split time when stop is pressed.
Use the volume up button on your phone to control Stopwatch Start/Stop and volume down to control Lap/Reset.
Both of these new features can be disabled in the “More” menu screen.
We are pleased to release a new version of Ultrachron now with a talking countdown timer.
The timer features include:
- Select any ringtone, notification, or alarm sound for timer notification
- Speech enabled (gives updates on remaining time or time over)
- Runs in background
- Background notification options
- Selectable display color
Main timer page
Select countdown time
Select alarm sound
UltraChron Version 1.2 requires 40% less space on your phone that the previous version! This was accomplished through optimizing the speech related code, so all the great features are still there.
Lite Version 1.03 adds slightly better speech performance, internal design changes, upgrade link, and a fix for a very rare force close issue.
Version 1.03 adds slightly better speech performance, internal design changes, slightly revised email format, and a fix for a very rare force close issue.
Please report any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org