Car Home Ultra uses the data connection to retrieve your current address and weather. To reduce the location update rate follow the instructions below:
1) In the settings menu, make sure that “Powered Mode” is unchecked. This option forces Car Home Ultra to use the max settings when connected to a power source like a car dock.
2) In the settings menu, select “Location Update Rate.” Choose one of the lower rates like 5 minutes or 60 seconds. This controls how often the green location bar updates.
Car Home Ultra can be very power intensive. This is because it is using the GPS and data connection to keep your speed, heading, location, and weather updated.
Here are some suggestions to reduce battery consumption for users without car docks or power connections:
1) Make sure “Keep display on” is not checked. This is the most important change that can be made to reduce battery consumption. It will allow your phone to sleep and not consume any more power than normal. If you need to access Car Home, just press the power button to wake your device.
2) Set GPS update rate to Low or Extra Low. This will reduce the update rate for the speedometer and location.
3) Make sure “Stop WiFi” is checked. This will prevent your phone from searching for WiFi signals while in Car Mode.